Court-Ordered Community Service
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with National Mill Dog Rescue.
- New Volunteer orientation classes will be discontinued until further notice. Active volunteers will be limited to 10 per shift; please sign up for a shift beforehand. We truly appreciate your support! If you’re looking for other ways to support our mission, please click here.
The Colorado Governor has ordered a Safer At Home Phase 2 status, and we have updated our procedures to protect every visitor, volunteer, staff member, and our dogs:
- Our hours are 12-4, and we are continuing visits by appointment only for all visitors, including donations.
- As weather permits, we will ask families to stay in their vehicle for adoptions.
- Any person checking in will be required to wear a mask, and will be asked if they have a fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath), or Flu symptoms.
- Employees, volunteers, and adopters are required to stay home if they are in the at-risk categories outlined by the CDC.
We are fortunate enough to be surrounded by an amazing community, both local and online. We have received tremendous support since the Coronavirus outbreak began, and we so thoroughly appreciate your love and encouragement.
Please check back here and see up-to-date information on our Facebook page, as policies may change.
Our dedicated volunteers are a HUGE part of what keeps us moving forward. Your help is very much appreciated. We look forward to getting to know you better and the opportunity to introduce you to our mission, our facility, and how things work. We would encourage you to review all the information on this website – it is a great way to become familiar with who we are and what our goals are.
A common question is what can I do to help? Well the answer is … there are many ways! Many different volunteer teams coordinate together to allow NMDR to run smoothly, and many of them can always use some help! Click the appropriate button above depending on whether you are volunteering as an individual or as part of an organized group event. Please note that due to COVID restrictions and safety precautions, we may not be allowing new volunteers at this time, but there are many other ways you can help NMDR and our dogs!
Location: 5335 JD Johnson Road, Peyton, CO Directions: Take Woodmen Rd. East Turn Right on Highway 24 Turn Left on Meridian (light and gas station). Turn Left on Falcon Highway. Go nine miles to JD Johnson Rd. Turn Right on JD Johnson Rd Go 1 mile. The kennel is on the left. There is no sign but you can’t miss the building. Turn in and park.